How Much Do Small YouTubers Make?


 
 

So, is it possible for a small time YouTuber to make any money? I put together some information from my channels that I thought I would share with you all to answer that question.

Before we start, in order to make money, you first need to make sure you have an AdSense account linked to your channel and your videos are enabled for monetization.

How much money you make can really depend on your channel niche.

And it really depends on your audiences engagement with your ads on how much you make.

So lets look at my channels. Here is the channel I enjoy the most, my Simple Man channel. It's more of a personal vlog type channel and I don't do this channel to make a lot of money, I just have fun doing it and that's why I do it. But I have monetization enabled on it because who doesn't like to make money doing what you enjoy right?

I started this channel in November of 2016 for reference. Also feel free to subscribe if you haven't already!

So far I have only got 8140 views on this channel and my revenue totals $6.36. Which comes out to about 1 penny for every 13 views I get.

Now let's take a look at one I do for my profession, educational technology. I started this channel in December of 2016.

Here is a breakdown of this channel for the last 90 days.
In that time, I've gotten 8842 views and a total revenue of $18.81.
Most of my views come from one video which really took off. It has 6286 views so far.
And it has made me $12.83. So for me channel I've made a total of $18.81 over 8842 views, or in other words I make 1 penny for every 5 views, better than on my vlog channel of 1 penny for every 13 views.

The one video that took off has very similar numbers, I make about 1 penny for every 5 views.
Now I have a secret channel, and I am going to keep it a secret because it's a simple channel, that's easy to create content for, requires little work and has a good payout per views. In other words, I don't want someone to copy it. I started it 10 days ago.

It has several videos on it, but here is one of them.

In 10 days it got 393 views and made $1.33 or about 1 penny for every 3 views. Much better than my vlog channel and my technology channel. I think the reason is because the ads that run on this channel are actually really engaging and entertaining.

Well guys that's all I have to show you on my channel, but if you are curious about other YouTubers, check out socailblade.com. This will allow you to see how other channels are doing, though the earnings can't be 100% true because of other factors. But for my channels, they are right in line.

Well there you have it guys. You can make some money all while having fun. But the most important thing is to have fun!